Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: I'm probably alone on this...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_JLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I'm probably alone on this...

    But does anybody like a good action type movie anymore? I mean it seems everybodys in to drama, and all kinds of things that doesn't involve things that you would see in an action movie. My brother and I were sitting around watching old Chuck Norris, Steven Seagal movies and stuff like that. does anybody out there STILL like this stuff?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    More of a comedy man myself
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  3. #3
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But does anybody like a good action type movie anymore? I mean it seems everybodys in to drama, and all kinds of things that doesn't involve things that you would see in an action movie. My brother and I were sitting around watching old Chuck Norris, Steven Seagal movies and stuff like that. does anybody out there STILL like this stuff? </div></div>
    i used to be until some of the garbage they put out the last few years.......but im hopeful (hopefully not to be let down) that the revivals of rambo and die hard will help to reset the standard for action movies
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    Bruce Willis is getting ready to yippie ki yay again this summer in the next Die Hard installment . Previews look action filled .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  5. #5
    Inactive Member captainchambord's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2007
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    I can't wait for Live Free or Die Hard.
    Going to be awesome.

    I watch more horror and comedy than anything else anymore though.
    You don't know what you don't know.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_JLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    Yeah, that is the truth. But I Mean, most of the action stars of the past are really getting older and just ready to move on, past thier primes. Chuck(as if anybody watched him but me.) is almost 70, and hes one of the lucky ones. He didn't even start to slow down until he was 65 years old. Jean-Claude Van Damme, he did pretty good with his, but hes in his mid forties.. he looks 60. Id Imagine all the drugs. Seagal is in his 50's, Jet Li can still go, I believe he'll be like Jackie Chan. Even if Jacke Chan is in his 50's and can still move. Mel Gibson(LOL) okay he was good in the lethal weapon movies, hes old. looks like all thats left is Jason Staham and Daniel Craig, the guy from the new bond movie.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    the new rambo preview looked insane......i hope to hell they didnt blow their load with what they showed us in the preview.....but if it isnt the best parts of that movie its gonna be sick
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    It seems there aren't anymore believable action movie actors anymore under the age of 50. Also, the action scenes in the latest films, particularly fight scenes, are so unrealistic that you have to just shake your head in disbelief.

    I would like to see The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) find a good action role. He is about the right age, has the look, and can act.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member captainchambord's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2007
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm probably alone on this...

    I hate to say it, but teh new bond movie was the worst one of all time.
    Just....ridiculous.

    The 3rd "Bourne" flick comes out this summer. I'll probably watch that.
    You don't know what you don't know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •